Sunday 11 August 2013

Welcome to Craft and Thrift!

Hello fellow Thifters!  Friendly Crafters!  Passing-by Knitters, Crocheters and Sewists!  

 Welcome to my new blog, Craft and Thrift.


338

Some of you may have been reading my online witterings for a while, under my first blog Second Fiddle Crafts.  You'll have seen me through my first degree in Zoology in Aberdeen, through graduation and starting Veterinary Medicine in Edinburgh.  You'll have watched while I moved in with my then-boyfriend, now fiancĂ©, Andrew.  You may have awww'd your way through photos of our sadly-no-longer-with-us pygmy hedgehogs and now deliquent puppy.  Well, I'm now a qualified vet, working in Edinburgh and thrifting my way (slowly) towards The Good Life.

007

Throughout all these ups and downs, crafting has been a constant source of calm, relaxation, anger, joy and sadness in my life.  The beautiful moment your finished cushion cover slips perfectly into place, all plump and inviting.  That fateful day you realise the top you've been slaving over for so long is unlikely to fit a 7 year old, let alone your slightly plump, 27 year old self.  The fourth time you forget to change the needle position on your sewing machine, leading the needle to hit the foot at speed, shear in two and come flying at your eye at blinding speed.  Ah, the joys of crafting.

063

So, dear readers, new and old.  These are the joys I will share with you on this journey we undertake together.  You'll laugh.  You'll cry.  You'll question my choice of sentence structure.  The photos dotting this post are but a snippet of what's to come.  

Intrigued?  Then read on, Macduff...

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure I'll laugh but I hope there will be nothing to cry over! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried recently when I managed to hand-stitch some gloves to my pyjama bottoms. Serves me right for sewing with things on my lap!

    ReplyDelete