Saturday 29 November 2014

#secondhandfirst - days 6 & 7

I know it's a little late but here's #secondhandfirst days 6 and 7!  I was away visiting my folks that weekend, then spent a couple of days in London, then came back to Edinburgh to my mother in law visiting so it's been a pretty mental but enjoyable week!

20141122_152438

Day 6 - thrifted material-come-handmade t-shirt!  So proud of this make, my Dad commented on how much he liked my t-shirt (which almost never happens, I could pretty much wear a bin sack and he wouldn't notice) and I got to say, "I made this!"  So proud!  Bonus points for handknit cardigan maybe?  It's Coraline by Ysolda, you can see my Ravelry notes over here.

Amy 4

Day 7 - you're probably all completely bored of this make but whatevs, I love it so much.  It's my refashion men's fairisle sweater to cardigan and I wear it all the time.  I have another sweater lined up to try this again, fingers crossed it's a success the second time round.

Overall, I've really enjoyed #secondhandfirst week from Traid, it's been a good motivation to involve more secondhand in my every day outfits.  I haven't been actively thrifting for clothes for me for a while but I went charity shopping with my mother in law this week and found a pair of Gap jeans and a Denim Co check shirt for £7 for the pair.  Score!  #secondhandfirst has definitely got me firmly back in the thrifting game.  It's also made me recognise a few holes in my wardrobe so I now have a list of items to keep my eyes peeled for in the charity shops.  A win all round I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment