I know it's ridiculously early but I'm starting to think about Christmas. Specifically, what presents am I going to attempt to make and what baking projects I'm going to trial. I've done pretty well in the past year for not taking on more than I can manage but there are definitely a few things I want to make before the festive season, either for me or as presents.
- I've just bought an overlocker (more on that when I'm back!) so some simple projects to master the machine would be super useful. This piece from Veronica Darling inspired me to make some placemats and what better reason than for the holidays. Create-Enjoy made some tie-dyed napkins that were pretty cool, I'd probably just use stash fabric but would be a great little project to practice the art of overlocking!
- A Beautiful Mess had a round up of 20 favourite holiday recipes in December last year, some of which would be perfect to practice in autumn, before serving to family at Christmas. The truffles especially caught my eye...
- For our American brethren, this adorable card from Laura Berger would be perfect for Thanksgiving. We have one of her prints (A Tiny Visitor) and it is adorable. I would buy up most of her shop in a heartbeat.
- I'm not planning on crafting too many presents, since I always take on too much and it stresses me out in the run up to Christmas. Last year was a nice balance of handmade and bought gifts and I plan to repeat that again this year. I want to knit an Owlet from Kate Davies for my god child, partly because it's adorable and easy, partly because I made one for myself and we could be MATCHING! So much cute.
- These aren't specifically for Christmas but are definitely autumnal, Whisky Cinnamon Rolls from A Beautiful Mess. I love cinnamon rolls so much and the addition of whisky would be amazing, especially after a chilly dog walk. I'm imagining the fire on, hot chocolate on the stove and warm, boozy rolls straight from the oven. Perfect for Christmas Day morning.
So many plans! I love this time of year, autumn and the run up to the holidays are definitely my favourite times.
You can see my previous trawl over here.